Records in the office date back to 1841.
Duties of the Recorder
- Recording of documents pertaining to real estate
- Federal and state liens
- Servicemen’s records
- Issuing of marriage license
- Other documents may be recorded if in compliance with state statutes.
Plain Copies of documents are $1, per page; Certified copies are an additional $2
Blood tests are not required and there is no waiting period before the license can be issued.
Both parties must:
- Visit our office to apply for a license (may visit separately)
- Be 18 years of age or over (without parental consent)
- Pay $46.00 fee at the time of application (no credit cards accepted)
- Pick up and give the license to the person performing the ceremony before the wedding
- Have a ceremony performed within 30 days from the date of issuance in the State of Missouri
- If either party is under 18 their custodial parent must appear with the party to give consent to the application.
Return of license
It is the responsibility of the person performing the ceremony to return the completed license to the Recorder of Deeds office within 15 days of the ceremony.
Copies are available as soon as the marriage license has been returned.
Plain copies are $1, per page and a certified copy is $9.00.
A certified copy is required for name changes.
Military discharges are recorded at no cost. The original DD-214 must be presented.